Maintenance of septic system is one aspect that needs attention, no matter whether you are an owner of commercial or residential complex. Your property is valued on its overall status, and that dies include your septic tank. If your home or office has been exposed to tank failure in the recent past, it is likely that you have to wait for a certain time before you get the right price. When you are looking for ways that can prolong the life of your septic system, you can check the tops given below for quick help.
- The septic tank system is divided into three parts. While the last part consists of sludge that is decomposed by bacteria, the second part consists of water that is drained and socked in the long run. What needs attention is the top part, known as scum. It is nothing but those materials that float on the top of the tank and cannot be decomposed. Professional services are required from time to time to get rid of the top layer.
- Maintaining of septic tank on your home is not possible on your own forever, which is why you would think of giving the contract of maintenance to a company that is capable of septic system installation, maintenance and upkeep. Choosing a licensed company is extremely important for any site as only a company that has all the essentials along with the expertise can offer the right services.
- Talking of septic tank installation, there are many things to take care of. The locations of trees have to be kept in mind for ensuring the roots doesn’t cause the tank to crack. Also, it is important not to cover the tank with extreme heavy slabs as that can cause permanent damage to the tank. When you handover the task of installation to a company offering premium septic tank related services, they will take care of these things, though your personal attention will matter.
- As for maintenance, you can give the contract, and the concerned company will check your septic tank after every few months to ensure everything is under control. This can help you in avoiding failure as many times the repairs costs of septic tanks can run in thousands of dollars, which is often higher than installation. Rather than taking such risks, hiring a company and paying a standard rate for upkeep is a better deal.
- The cost of maintaining septic system is dependent on the size and type of tank. Ideally, no company offers fixed rates, but you need to invite them for an inspection, and based on the current condition of your septic tank, they will offer you a rate for maintenance. The company will also advise you on how frequent cleaning is needed and the maintenance systems they will be adopting.